Looking for something? Search this blog:

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Quick Look: Decorated Box

Recently I participated in an altered box swap. More properly, mine was a "decorated" box. Here's how the top looked:



I started with a plain brown inexpensive cardboard box, about four inches square...



...and painted it with several pale colors of acrylic paint (I used Distress paint in Brushed Sage, Tumbled Glass, and Antique Linen).

I then stamped random bits of text on it using a few harmonizing colors of Stazon ink, distressed the edges with chalk inks...


...and lined it with papers from Idea-ology's Wallflower line.



For the box lid, I stamped designs and embossed them with two colors of metallic embossing powder. (I liked the effect of the two colors of embossing powder together. I used Ranger's gold and Liquid Platinum. These are fairly subtle metallics that blended nicely together.)

The finished result:


I hope my swap partner liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment